Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Clara Waiting - SOLD


I've been meaning to start this for quite some time. I've thought about it often. I had to be in the right mood to approach this project with a sort of reverance. I considered cropping it to remove the walker but that seemed to take away something important that this lady is saying. It is probably what drew me to her in the first place. I have kept her little photo in my studio for a long time. I believe her name if Clara though it has been so long now I can't remember for sure. I love this lady. Thanks to her grandson, Darren Byler, for allowing me to use his photo.

Acrylic 16" X 20"

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hi Gayle.
I would be honoured to be represented in such a manner.
Aging can have Peace & Tranquility.
You have captured this so well in this painting.
I am loving how you are spreading your wings. :)
~~Kathleen